At different points in our hair journey, we all experience some degree of hair damage. This damage can be caused by over-styling, over-combing, excessive exposure to chemicals, or heat. As a result, our hair becomes prone to breakage and may even stunt growth.
With so many hair repair products on the market, finding the right one for your hair can be overwhelming and tiring. Luckily, we have reviewed the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment for you.
What is Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment?
Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment is a well-known hair treatment that can repair hair damage and restore strength to your hair.
It contains the same active ingredient that relinks the broken bonds in every type of hair, providing real, structural repair that works from within. This treatment can leave your hair stronger than ever.
Honest Reviews of the Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
These are honest and verified reviews of the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment.
Will the Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment repair damaged hair?
Yes! Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment is specifically designed to repair damaged hair. See some reviews below:
- "I absolutely love this product! I have curly 3A/3B hair. I cut off all my hair in 2019 due to excessive heat and chemical damage. After growing out my hair again, I bleached it twice and needed a bond repair treatment to help my hair become healthy again.
This product does an amazing job at repairing my hair and making my hair smooth, silky and shiny again, all while making my curls more defined and healthy." - Demi on Amazon
- "Afraid I was going to have to cut it all off and hide indoors for a year until it grew back, someone suggested Olaplex. This stuff literally saved my hair. While it isn't perfectly healthy again, it looks and feels like normal, soft, smooth hair.
I'm absolutely amazed. I can brush it, style it, and it actually feels healthy to the touch again! The bottle is quite small, I only got 4 uses out of it. But it was worth EVERY PENNY. Highly recommend!!" - Molly on Amazon.
- "I've only done 2 treatments and it works! Ok, last month I went to my hairdresser because I wanted the balayage look. Well, She left the bleach in my hair way too long! My hair still looked nasty dry and brittle! I decided to try olaplex treatment and so far it's helping as you can see in the 3rd picture.
I will continue to use it and will update! I recommend that you use it while your hair is damp so that it spreads easily. I have very thick hair and I believe that I can get at least 4 treatments out of it." - Celia on Amazon
- "I started bleaching sessions since October 2018. I probably bleached 9x since. I reached to a point of extreme damage where my hair felt soo weak it would not even air dry on its own. It felt & looked like noodles & very gummy. It would take me maybe an hour to brush out my hair because of all the damage/breakage.
With Olaplex 3 I no longer struggle to brush my hair or run my fingers without them getting stuck in my hair from tangles of dried brittle hair. This stuff is just what my damaged hair needed." - Saul on Amazon
- "I bought this bc the hype about Olaplex, and my hair is normally black and lifted to a level 9, so I do have breakage, damage, split ends etc. So I used this about 3x now and my hair is softer, shinier, but still has some breakage, and you know those white ends at the end of my hair shaft from prior breakage at the bottom. So I got paranoid reading some reviews that it's not real blah blah.
So I bought 2 from the Olaplex website and they are the same, same consistency, same smell, same bottle, same effect. So unless they manufacture dupes better than professional knockoffs this is legit Olaplex and you just have to keep doing the treatment until your hair is at your desired health." - Ulibas on Amazon
Will the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment treat bleached hair?
Yes! The Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment is specially designed to treat and repair bleached hair. Here are some reviews about it:
- "After my stylist left the bleach on entirely too long, my hair needed major help. My ends felt stringy, rough, and mostly just broke when touched/brushed/were wet. It was a mess.
I ordered this product from Amazon rather than the olaplex website because I needed it NOW. I would definitely recommend trying this if you have damaged hair!" - Jaclyn on Amazon"
- "Middle aged women who has been lightening (ok, bleaching) her hair for decades also blow drying and curling iron. Had a short round of chemotherapy 3 years ago and my hair was DEAD. Completely brittle and split ends, it didn't even look like hair anymore. I was about to give up on trying to grow it out to pony tail length and thought I'd give this product a try as a last ditch effort.
This product makes my hair so silky' I hear 'flat'. Not the case with this product, my hair look healthy and had so much body. If this is what one use does- I'm a believer. Follow Up after 2 months: Still love this product. I have done 3 treatment now and my hair looks fantastic. Healthy, shiny and fluffy- no more dead hair. I have barely used a quarter of the bottle, so one bottle lasts quite awhile. I'll make it to shoulder length now." - Christina on Amazon
- "I was foolish and tried to bleach my hair myself and dye it purple. Of course that didn't turn out so great. I bleached it twice in one day because I couldn't get my natural dark hair light enough. After it dried I was horrified at the damage I had done and my hair wasn't even blonde lol. After some time of using Olaplex, my hair feels amazing! This product alone made my hair feel soft." - Zizi on Amazon
- "I decided to dye my hair blue, it's something I have been wanting to do for years but didn't want to bleach my full head, I have reddish brown hair, a medium to dark brown, that I dye with permanent hair color, so I bleached my entire head with 40 volume peroxide and bleach powder which destroyed my curly hair.
I washed my hair with sulfate free shampoo to remove all the Argan oil i used and then put Olaplex all over my hair, combed, put a shower cap and let it stay for 2 hours. Then rinsed, shampooed and put a "It's a 10" hair mask for about 10 minutes and massaged it on my hair. And wow, just wow, my hair felt like hair again, I was able to blow dry it straight with a comb, and NO and I mean Not a single hair got stuck or broke off on the brush! My hair is back to life! It's soft, shiny, super strong and I'm so happy again!!!" - Ivory on Amazon
- "I used it after bleaching and before toning. I’ve only used it once but have also been doing hair oil treatments and some other hair masks I’ve never used before through the whole ordeal so it’s hard to pinpoint what helped most. I’ll update after a few weeks of use but whatever the cause, my hair is 99% back to its former glory (1% taken off because it’s got way more volume now which I’m assuming is due to some inevitable damage that I cannot feel with my fingers) even after 3 bleaching processes with 30 volume and one toning session with 20 volume." - Tavi on Amazon
- "I’m 48 years old and have been bleaching my hair since high school (30 years). I am pleased that my natural waves have returned and the frizz is gone after using Olaplex" - Jenny on Amazon
Will the Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment restore shine to your hair?
The Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment can help prevent dullness and improve the natural shine of your hair by repairing and protecting it from further damage. Here are some reviews:
- "I used the Olaplex 3 for 3 days straight. I left it on for 4 hours then washed with Amika Normacore shampoo followed by Marc Anthony Damage Repair Mask. My hair looked and felt incredible. My stylist confirmed that whatever I did helped and that it allowed her to spend 6 hours on my hair.
I would recommend Olaplex 3 to anyone with severely damaged hair from lightening/chemical treatments. I would not use it more than 3 times per week as too much protein will cause damage." - Naurel on Amazon
- "My hair is shiny, the color looks even and professionally done since it corrected the dry patchy areas, and it feels so silky. I didn't have to do a 4 hour keratin treatment and kill my naturally curly hair for several months. My hair looks awesome and I feel like the price of this product is 100% worth it. You just need to make sure you are using it correctly. It is NOT a conditioner, it is a treatment that repairs the bonds in your hair. You still have to shampoo the product out and condition after. I highly recommend this product!" - Ashliegh on Amazon
- "This stuff gave my hair so much life back. It's now so soft and smooth, and even looks shinier and healthier." - Zorm on Amazon
- "My hair does appear shinier after using it, and it may be softer, but it is in a way that it feels healthier. Your hair will not feel like you just used a hair mask/deep conditioner. It will feel stronger, less frizzy, more manageable" - Osie on Amazon
- "My hair is back to life! It's soft, shiny, super strong and I'm so happy again!!! This pic is from a couple of hours after I used it and you can see it looks like hair and not a steel sponge! Only one application and it already did that, can you imagine with regular use?" - Ivory on Amazon
Will the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment improve the health of my hair?
Yes! If you're looking to improve the health of your hair, the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment is a great option. This treatment helps repair and strengthen damaged hair. Here are some reviews:
- "I heard about this product from a relative who is a hair stylist and she said she uses it often and it is amazing for your hair. I used it for the first time a few days ago but I did not have much time to keep it on for very long so I left it on around 15-20 mins and after blow drying my hair it looked much healthier. My hair was silky and soft with less visible damage and that was only after 1 use. I am very positive it will only get better the more I use it and the longer I keep in on my hair if it worked well after only one 15 min use." Gina on Amazon
- " I put this in my hair right after dying it, and once a week after that. When I'm done showering, I comb this through my hair and leave it on for an hour or more. The longer you leave it in, the better. It is NOT moisturizing, in my opinion. This isn't a deep conditioner. I've noticed a huge difference in my hair. It looks nicer, softer, and healthier. It feels like silk to the touch, as if I never dyed it to begin with." - Erin on Amazon
- "I’m really happy with this product. I purchased this at my stylist’s recommendation. I have long, thick, color treated blonde hair that sometimes gets dry and tangly. The bottle says to use it once weekly for regular treatments and twice to thrice weekly for damaged hair. I sprayed my hair with a water bottle to get it damp and then applied a small quarter sized amount to the middle and ends of my hair. I was cautioned not to apply this to my roots as it would leave them greasy. I pulled my hair up into a bun for about twenty minutes and went upstairs to rinse it in the shower and shampoo and condition with Purology hair products. Combing through my hair after my shower was so smooth and tangle free. My damp hair was soft to the touch. - Jade on Amazon
- "I have bought this product 4 times now. I can NOT express enough how much I appreciate this stuff. I have dry, brittle hair when the temp changes. I NEED this stuff. I just went the whole summer without it and when the temp dropped my hair got so bad. I cried even messing with it. After three days of straight use, my hair is smooth, not frizzy, the bonding agent is freaking fantastic!! Please, never discontinue this. I wish I had pics of before and after and I know not every review is trustworthy, but what do u have to lose?? I cannot express enough my love for this product!!!"- Customer on Amazon
- "My absolute FAVORITE hair product! This transformed my hair, and it didn’t take long to see the effects. I am mixed ethnicity and my hair is super thick and course and naturally coily curly, but I get it relaxed. I also use a blow dryer and a flat iron on it most days. So my hair goes through seasons of damage. But Olaplex completely changed my hair. After one use I could visibly see shine and the moisture made my hair so smooth. After a couple months, my hair is thicker and stronger than ever! I absolutely love it!!!! This is staying in my routine! I shampoo and condition my hair as normal and when I get out of shower I put a small nickel size amount of Olaplex in my hair and leave it in. Style as normal. This bottle will last me a good 4-6 months depending on how often I use it. The smell doesn’t have a pleasant scent to it, but doesn’t smell bad either." - Mac on Amazon