Ponytails are instant head turners. They are easy to achieve and have the power to transform a simple everyday look to a stylish and effortless hairstyle. The best part is that you can literally rock them anywhere, whether to work, date night or a girl's night out, ponytails are your babies for life.
There are different ways to style a ponytail from a bubble ponytail to a high ponytail, but one of my favorite ponytail styles has to be the sleek natural ponytail.
Bonus style tip: The sleek natural ponytail can pass off as a cute summer look too.
Wondering how to achieve a sleek natural ponytail? This tutorial by Bri Hall will show you all the basics.
How to do : A Sleek Natural Ponytail
What you need
- Styling gel
- Styling mousse
- Fine tooth comb
- Bristle brush
- Toothbrush/edge brush
- Elastic hair tie
Step 1: Part your hair
- You can start with freshly washed hair or not.
- Make your preferred part either a side or middle part with a fine tooth comb.
- Apply some styling mousse to your roots, smooth it down your hair and finger detangle.
Step 2: Sleek your hair down in sections
- First divide your hair into 3 sections, apply your gel to the topmost part of your hair and smooth it down with a bristle brush.
- Repeat for the other sections.
- When you get to the hair at the front where your parting is, divide it into smaller sections and sleek down each section of hair gently.
- Then gather all your hair into a secure low ponytail and smooth down any flyaway hairs.
Step 3: Lay your edges
- Go in with a fine tooth and style your baby hairs however you want.
- Now, sleek them down with a toothbrush or edge brush.
- Rock your sleek natural ponytail as desired.
- At the end of the video, Bri Hall also showed how to achieve this ponytail look with extensions. All you need to do is wrap your low ponytail into a bun and attach a natural ponytail extension to it for more volume and definition. Now, that's 2 ways you can pull off a ponytail look!