The wet look is a hairstyle that I have been pretty fascinated about for an unhealthy amount of time - yes, don't judge me. I love how the wet look transforms your hair into this shiny, defined, and drippy look.
And if you are wondering how you are going to achieve this soaking wet look on your hair, it involves a good amount of gel and yes, more gel. So if you have a phobia for having too much gel on your hair, you can try the wet look with clip-ins instead.
To achieve the wet look for natural hair, this tutorial by Beauty by Micheall will show you all the steps you need.
How to do : Wet look
What you need
- Styling gel
- Foaming lotion
- Denman brush
- Spray bottle of water
- Hair clips
Step 1: Part your hair into sections
- Divide your hair into 4 sections.
- Take out one section and spritz with water. Make sure it is soaking wet.
Step 2: Apply gel to your hair
- Take out a small section, apply a generous amount of gel to it, and run your fingers from root to end.
- For this step use a moisturizing gel which has a strong hold too.
- Now, brush that section with a Denman brush to detangle.
Step 3: Do for other sections
- Repeat the same steps for other sections. Spritz with water, apply gel, and detangle with a Denman brush.
- As you gradually move up the rest of your hair, apply the foaming lotion to the sections you have done already so they can hold.
- Also, keep them in place with some hair clips.
- When you get to the front of your hair, you can decide what part you want for this look, either a side or middle part.
Step 4: Tie with a scarf
- Tie a scarf around your hair to keep everything in place.
- Let it dry for an hour or as long as necessary.
Step 5: Flaunt your look
- After it is completely dry, take down the scarf and hair clips.
- Your wet look is complete!