Faux hair extensions resemble the natural hair texture of kinky hair. They are made from a blend of quality premium fiber hair, and you can choose your favorite faux hair extension in either clip-ins, wigs, or ponytails.
Knowing how to care for and maintain your faux hair is an essential beauty tip. Proper care will ensure that your faux hair lasts much longer. Here are some tips on how to care for your faux hair extension:
General Hair Care Tips For Faux Hair Extensions
- The first and most important tip to remember is not to add any kind of shine product to your faux hair before every use. Instead, use a lightweight oil like jojoba oil.
- When combing your hair, never use a brush. Instead, use a wide-tooth comb. The wider teeth on a wide-tooth comb mean you'll experience fewer snags while combing your faux hair.
- If your faux hair is curly or textured, simply spritz it with water, and comb through with your fingers.
Styling Tips for Faux Hair Extensions
Styling faux hair can be a fun experience, but it can also be stressful if you're not sure how to go about it.. Don't worry, I've got you covered. Here are some tips to keep in mind and steps to follow when styling your :
1. Detangling Faux Hair
A tangled faux hair can be a nightmare. To prevent tangling, spritz your faux hair with water or use a detangling spray. Then, use a wide tooth comb to gently comb through the hair, starting from the ends up to the roots.
For curly or textured faux hair, simply run your fingers through it to comb it. Using your fingers will ensure that you don't snag the hair or disrupt its curl pattern.
2. Washing and Conditioning Faux Hair
It is not recommended to wash or condition your faux hair unless you know how to do so properly. Instead, air dry your faux hair after 10-15 wears.
3. Styling Faux Hair
To style your faux hair, spritz it with water and comb through with a wide tooth comb.
For curly or textured hair, spritz with water and just fluff with your hands. Doing this ensures that you don't ruin the curl pattern.
4. Curling Faux Hair
It is not recommended to use curling irons on your faux hair as this might damage it. Instead, use heatless methods like rollers to curl your hair.
5. Applying Heat and Dye to Faux Hair
Never apply heat or dye to your faux hair as it will damage the curl pattern or even melt the hair.
Curling irons, flat irons, straighteners, and blow dryers are a huge no-no. Keep your faux hair healthy and avoid coloring or dying it in any way.