- we do not collect VAT on items purchased on our store.
- VAT is charged as 20% of the total price paid
- custom duties are only charged on items greater than 135 GBP in value.
- These fees are collected by UK customs at the port of entry.
- read the below to understand better.
We are a US-based company that ships our products from our storage and production facilities in Texas and Lagos. This means that items imported into EU and the United Kingdom are subject to VAT and import duties.
We cannot influence the price you pay at customs and it's a tax that is collected by the UK government.
Import duties are only charged when the declared value is greater than 135 GBP, and it is charged as 2.5% of the declared value while VAT is 20% of the declared value + cost of shipping.
If you have any questions, please message us on email@example.com or you can you contact us through the live chat button.
You can see the official documentation on VAT and duty calculations from the UK government here.