The High Ponytail with Bangs is a peculiar but stylish hairstyle that gets eyes swooning at the sight of it. Mostly because of its daring appearance.
This hairstyle also adds more features to your face; for instance making you look taller and slimmer. Another favorite thing about it is the perfection it brings to every face. If you're interested in making this gorgeous hairstyle, then you're in the right place. Below are simple steps to making the high ponytail with bangs.
What you need to make a High Ponytail with Bangs
Here are the things you need to achieve this look:
- Tail Comb.
- Wide tooth Comb.
- Water in a bottle spray.
- Eco-style Gel.
- Toothbrush/cutting comb.
- Extensions (long for ponytail and short for bangs).
- Bobby Pins.
- Rubber band or any tight hair band.
- Edge Control.
- Needle and Thread / Hair Glue
- Hair food and/or oils.
How to style the High Ponytail with Bangs
- Spray dry areas of hair with water.
- De-tangle your hair with your fingers.
- Apply hair oil/food.
- Use the wide tooth comb to comb out your hair.
- Split your hair with your tail comb into two unequal parts; the ''base'' and the ''body''.
- Plait your front base and leave out a little hair on the base to act as coverage to make the extensions invisible.
- Apply eco-styler gel to the sides of the body and the back of your hair.
- Use the hairbrush to brush your hair into a ponytail.
- Use the rubber bands or any hairband to tie your hair tightly.
- Plait the ends of the tightly packed hair.
- Attach your extensions. For clipins, you can easily clip or tie your extensions to the ends. However, for extensions without clip-ins, you would be needing a needle and thread to sew it tightly. Another alternative would be hair glue. You can use the glue to place your extensions on your hair.
- Take your shorter extension and apply it to your plaited base. Clip-ins are easy to attach and you may not need your tail comb to part any base. However, if your extension is without clip-ins, the base is necessary for easy attachment. Your hair will also turn out neater.
- Comb out the little hair left at the base in case you prefer an invisible look.
- Trim the ends of your base to give a sharper look.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make the high ponytail with bangs:
Shop the High Ponytail for your bangs!
The Kinky Blow Out U-part wig is the perfect blend for your ponytail.
If you would like a twist to your style, check out some exciting ways to style your ponytail on here