More often than not, afro hair shrinks and this can be a bit of a hassle especially when you want to style your hair. For some naturals, it is important that they protect their hair from too much exposure to heat. However, if you're looking for how to blow out your hair, you may need to resort to using heat tools. Thankfully, you don't have to do that! In this article, I will be sharing with you steps on how to do a natural hair blowout without using any heat tools whatsoever. So, keep reading to find out.
What is a natural hair blow out?
A natural hair blowout is a way of straightening your hair with minimal to no heat. Using this method allows you to get rid of shrinkage, stretch out your hair, and makes your hair easier to style. It can also help you create the perfect afro look. In addition to this, it shows you the actual length of your hair.
How to do a natural hair blow out
I have selected this step-by-step tutorial by TheChicNatural to guide you on how to do a natural hair blow out at home without using any heat tools.
What do you need to do a natural hair blow out?
- Lightweight hair oil
- Elastic bands
Step 1: Wash your hair with shampoo
- First of all, lather your hair with shampoo and wash.
- When you are done, rinse out the shampoo.
Step 2: Condition your hair
- Next, apply conditioner to your hair from roots to ends to make sure your hair fully absorbs the conditioner.
- Then, section your hair using the rubber bands to make it easier for you to work with.
Step 3: Detangle
- Use your brush to gently detangle from roots to ends because this will help get rid of knots.
Step 4: Rinse out the conditioner
- With your hair still in sections, rinse out the conditioner using cool water.
Step 5: Apply your hair oil
- Apply two pumps of any lightweight hair oil of your choice and smoothen it all over your hair in sections. In addition to giving your hair some shine, the oil will help prevent frizz.
Step 6: Braid all sections
- Now, braid all sections of your hair from roots to tips and leave the hair to air dry overnight. And while it dries, do not cover up the hair.
Step 7: Take all the braids out
- The next morning, you should take out the elastic bands and unbraid each section of your hair.
Step 8: Oil and brush
- Oil and brush each section of your hair to remove little crinkles.
Step 9: Style as desired
Voila! Good job, you have achieved a perfectly well blow-out look without using any heat tools.
Extra tip: You can also style the blowout however you want. You can style a top knot bun look if you like.